Rendering the video, it is only rendering positive Z from the Origin!

numberOCD

HELP! I'm rendering the video for an animation in Inventor and right now for a sequence of the film it is only rendering points with a positive Z coordinate. Any clue how this can happen? A fade has been applied to 2 components with negative Z coordinates, one of which is active taking away only the roof of a warehouse to see the interior.

Sorry for the delayed response, I was waiting for the 2013 trial to become available.

After that last response I checked and could not quite understand what you meant by "on." I can assure that the visibility was off.

So I was wondering if I was to move the entire assembly to the +X+Y+Z Oct-ant if that might remedy the issue, and with that looking for advice on how to move the entire assembly before I attempt and crash my computer. I do believe I have everything constrained in a step pattern (except for 3 items) to a main platform. So if I move that platform, will everything attached to it move accordingly and everything attached to that "everything" and so on and so forth? or will I have one gigantic cluster of random items?

Thanks for the help!

Visibility of the plane isn't the issue.

Load up your scene, go to the Inventor Studio environment. Click on the SCENE STYLES button. You should get a window up that will let you choose the backdrop for your render. It's not uncommon for people to use a ground plane for getting shadows and reflections, but if the planes are at their default location they're just going to bisect your model, usually. If you go to the ENVIRONMENT tab, you can offset the plane away from its normal location, and then you should be good with not having your model get chopped in half.

Capture.jpg