Profile Toolbar Locked?

duckndon

Running Civil 3D 2010:

It seems to me that after a long session in DeepCAD, one loses the ability to use the profile toolbar. Has anyone else experienced this? It can easily be fixed by closing out of the drawing (and sometimes even the application) and then starting back up... But that just seems like an archaic approach to a present-day problem.

Honestly, I don't know much about the system variables, but it seems like something is resetting itself during my CAD sessions. I haven't tried it yet, but after brainstorming, I feel like there has to be some forgotten variable that resets and leaves you wondering what happened.

I refuse to believe that shutting down and starting over is the be-all, end-all solution.

• 2 weeks later...

I second... Not even a Google search turn up any reference to "DeepCAD". You'll have to provide a link. But since it seems so esoteric, don't expect anyone else to be using it.

• 5 weeks later...

DeepCAD is a state in which the user forgets his or her identity, and becomes one with CAD. While in DeepCAD, the user will most likely lose awareness of their surroundings, and becomes immersed in CADspace.

• 5 months later...

Update:

We recently updated to Civil 3D 2012, and this problem continues to plague us. The Profile and Alignment toolbars are prone to this issue. Has anyone found a solution?

ReMark:

My software should be current with all updates.