Content Builder question!!

hoss

I have downloaded some 3d drawings off Spirax website, ( Steam Separator,...)

I can easily used MVPARTCONVERT and convert them to MEP parts.

But, when I use Content builder, everything is fine till I click on Edit Placemnet, then I can't see the parts. for some reason they disappear from the drawing.

Could this be, because the parts are not true solid models???

Thanks

This is very common. The best practice I use is to start a very fresh Template, not an MEP Template, a vanilla AutoCAD Template, then copy/paste as close to the origin as possible. Basically, use the "bottom left corner" of the 3D solid as your 0,0,0. Try that and then start building the part. See if this yields better results.

Thanks for help and sorry for late reply

It worked for some of the parts.

Thanks again for your help.

Can someone upload a project done in MEP so I can explorer and get ideas from. Prefer something that contains various different piping systems.

Thanks

I had a HUGE $15 million mechanical piping project that I recently did but I don't have access to the AutoCAD MEP files anymore. That had literally everything in it, for a food processing plant. Great file to explore, but unfortunately I don't have the files anymore. I might, let me do some digging but I doubt it.

I do have a good HVAC project available for download if interested in Mechanical HVAC design using AutoCAD MEP.

Thanks a lot StykFacE

You have been a big help.

Anything would be helpful, if it’s not much trouble for you.

Looking forward to seeing your work and learn from you.

Thanks again for your help