Diemaker Users?

Deepdraw

Any Diemaker users on Cadtutor? All of the engineers here at Rockford Toolcraft Inc use AutoCAD 2010 and Diemaker 2010 works within it. AutoCAD is used specifically to design our heavy gauge stamping dies. After some recent upgrades to Windows 7 64bit PCs, Diemaker refuses to install correctly on two of them. There is no error message, it simply does not show up within AutoCAD. There is usually a toolbar. It runs perfectly on the others. All of the PCs are alike. Helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Some programs refuse, for whatever reason, to install under Win7 64-bit. Have you contacted Diemaker support to inquire about the problem?

Thank you for your reply. Yea, it's seems hit and miss. It just refuses to install on two, but the rest it works perfectly. Yes, the support guru has been in a couple of times and with no luck.

Did IT try disabling the antivirus program during the install process?

When the install did not work were there any error messages?

I would go to one of the machines where the install worked, open AutoCAD, go to Options, Files, Support File Search Path, make a copy of all the paths there. Then go to one where it won't open and compare the file path to the good machine. If something is missing add it into the one missing it. Open a drawing and try again.

I would also start AutoCAD making sure to use a new profile and maybe do that while logged in as Admin to eliminate any problems with profiles as a cause.

I would go to one of the machines where the install worked, open AutoCAD, go to Options, Files, Support File Search Path, make a copy of all the paths there. Then go to one where it won't open and compare the file path to the good machine. If something is missing add it into the one missing it. Open a drawing and try again.

I would also start AutoCAD making sure to use a new profile and maybe do that while logged in as Admin to eliminate any problems with profiles as a cause.

Just looked into this. The folders match and both show the software is there. The software does run as local Administrator, but refuses to run as an Administrator on the domain. Again, only two PCs do this, the others run perfectly on the domain.

Thank you for the insight.

Edited by Deepdraw

• 6 months later...
Just looked into this. The folders match and both show the software is there. The software does run as local Administrator, but refuses to run as an Administrator on the domain. Again, only two PCs do this, the others run perfectly on the domain.

Just my half-cent's worth of thought: Perhaps the software runs perfectly as local admin whereas it does not run as domain admin by any chance? - again, this is just a thought.