Autocad 3D solid to mesh???

julcad

hi there,

is it possible to convert 3d solid to mesh?? currently working on a very large model file but find my computer cant take the load and my 3d shaded model in orbit mode does not rotate smoothly when i do so.I find it easier on CPU with mesh model.Is there a quick way to convert it say may be LSP???many thanks

rgds,

julcad

i was wrong,having not familiar with mesh,it turned out to be more CPU hungry than solid modeling as it generates more vertices,some model not even be able to be exported to mesh as it has exceeds the limit of max allowable vertices..Any setting which i can tweak to 'offload' my CPU when i am in Shade mode ( i mean i am sticking back to solid) ??i 've already using the min detail=flat shaded

ps:this pc doesnt hav a workstation graphic card but a gaming 3d card.

thanks

• 2 years later...

Im having troubles with the 3DSIN/3DSOUT Command. The 3dsin will work but when i type in 3dsout autocad tells me unknown command. I just need to convert a simple 3d solid to a mesh so i can import it my other program. I downloaded a solid to mesh program by sycode but its like $250 after 10 days of free trial. Has anyone came across another program? or a way to convert with out?

• 2 months later...