Unable to save text

Dana K

brand new mac. Able to draw my lines but then unable to save dtext or mtext to them, only option is ESC or force quit. Using Autocad 2012 student license. got the 30 day trial for 2013, text not saving there either. Not using a layer.

Deleting preferences did not help.

I do my lines. then i go to write text next to the lines which works reasonably( haven't had a chance to play with it more) and then once i type the text, I can do nothing to save, the save option does not function, its as tho it freezes my autocad where all my options have faded and are useless unless i press ESC to get a new command up which works but then any text Ive written dissappears. not sure if i need to mention that im using autocad for mac, not running it thru windows.

Are we talking text or dimensions or both? The save is for the entire file. It has nothing to do with whether or not your text is visible while the drawing is still open.

Tell us about the layer(s) you are doing this on.

Have you looked at your text style in the text style manager/editor?

Are you using annotative text? If so, the scale the text is set to may be Sooooooo Smaaaaaall that it just can't be seen. Try a select window around where you thought you put the text. When you do that, does one or more blue grips show up in the middle of otherwise blank space? If this happens go into your text style manager and unclick the annotative check box. (Or whatever and wherever that stuff is in the newer version you have.)

Is your text height bigger than zero? Your text height should be zero for a text style you are using in a dimension style, within which the text height is then controlled. If you are using a zero height text for notation, you need to set the height as you insert it, within the text editor box. Otherwise build another text style and set the desired text height in there.

If none of these apply, let us know.

Hmmmmm. Interesting username.