Drawn a line, applied Extrude, wanted its shape to be solid tube

iExchange

Good day everyone,

I have drawn a line, applied Extrude modifier to it and now it became like this:

snip.jpg

However I want the shape of it to be a solid rounded tube, how can I get this effect?

Thank you very much and sorry for this noob question, I really dont know what tool to use as i'm really new to 3ds max, I have used it for just a week only.

Thanks again!

1. Undo the Extrude until you get back to the spline segment

2. Open up the Rendering palette and check "Enable in Renderer" and "Enable in Viewport" as shown in the image below

3. Adjust the "Thickness" to get the size you want

Untitled-2.jpg

Thank you very very much!

But what if I want it to be more round? Currently its a little bit too flat ;)

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...
You can't chamfer it because it's a line. You would have to apply an "Edit Poly" modifier first. But it's much easier to just change the number of sides.

True @ Cad64

how about using chamfer? just click the edge

:rofl: @ 3Dshamyr

• 1 year later...

He didn't have a tube, he had a spline. And you can't create a "U" shape like that by simply bending a tube. You would have to bend the tube to get half of the "U", then apply a symmetry modifier to mirror across for the other half, then convert to editable poly and bridge the gap between the two bent tubes, then extrude the two legs down. So it's not quite so simple as just bending a tube. ;)

Tube.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

just use command rec for rectangle then you will get option (chamfer/elevation/filetthikness/width) for purpose of chamfer use c and fill the chamfer size in both and specifiy first chamfer distance is a y direction and second specify distance is for x direction.....

PURTI, this is the 3D Studio Max section. You are giving advice for Autocad. What you have presented will not work in Studio Max. Please be aware of what part of the forum you are in before giving advice.