Recommend me a Plotter Printer A0!

Ste1978

The company I am doing work for have ask me to look into updating their plotter. They mainly use the plotter for single line Autocad drawings, black and white. However, we are doing more and more presentation material which involves nice colour renders up to A0 size. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of the best printers and what specs I should be looking at. The printer would idealy need to be fast. We may look into purchasing one, but would not rule out hiring with a service contract etc.

Any ideas? What printer do you guys use for A0?

We just got a Canon IPF755. It will do color and black & white and up to A0 sizes. It will except 2" & 3" core and 500' per roll. The specs do not give me the feed speed but it much faster than the HP we where using. I know it is not as fast as a wide format machine like a Kip or Oce, but it works for us.

We use an OCE TDS600. We've had it for a number of years with very little downtime. It has some great features including a scanner & automatic folder.

For colour plots we have a seperate inkjet printer

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, the printers we have been recommended are as follows..

Oce CS 2436 (£2245)

Oce Colorwave 300 (£7999)

Cannon iPF750 (£2200)

So far these are what I have quotes for. I'm sure all 3 will do a job but it is finding the balance between speed, quality and price which is something I don't want to rush into!

I've heard good things about HP in terms of reliability so will be looking into those too.