New Thread Suggestion: Quick Question, Quick Answer

Pintoleite

Some people can't even describe the problem they are having using the correct terminology so we first have to play 25 questions.

I like the vague ones such as...I have a problem with my computer. What should I do? Or...AutoCAD keeps crashing. How do I fix it? Try providing a quick and concise answer to either of those that exactly addresses the problem without responding...Buy a new computer or Switch to SketchUp.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• dbroada

• Dana W

• Pintoleite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see your point. maybe because I'm new here, i don't really get how things work out.

You do have a point in not creating this thread, and I'm convinced now that it isn't really necessary.

Maybe.. we can close this case?

We should have a thread for quick questions followed by quick answers.

This would save people from creating whole thread for tiny things.

What do you think?

One for general questions about the forum, and another for general questions about autocad.

I subscribe to a couple of other forums that have live chat sections. Maybe that is what your question can be answered with. I personally do not like live chat. It gets even more disjointed and cloodgey than any of the threads here have ever been.

we already have a section for flogging dead horses

live chat would be useful if you need an answer NOW but our intenational time zones don't make it very practical here. Maybe we should all come on line at one given time and do it then? Midnight GMT?

Flogging dead horses will be an Olympic event this year for the first time.

Live chat? Does that mean we have to have Skype?

Flogging dead horses will be an Olympic event this year for the first time.
not a full olympic event but it is a demonstration event. I applied for tickets but couldn't get them - unsurprisingly oversubscribed. We did get tickets for football (soccer to you) and tennis at the olympics plus field hockey, cycles & athletics (track & field) for the warm ups. Add in some cricket and we have a good summer of sport! :)

not a full olympic event but it is a demonstration event. I applied for tickets but couldn't get them - unsurprisingly oversubscribed. We did get tickets for football (soccer to you) and tennis at the olympics plus field hockey, cycles & athletics (track & field) for the warm ups. Add in some cricket and we have a good summer of sport! :)
Then there are those who would sidetrack the conversation with remarks such as...

If football is soccer, then what is field hockey. Where I grew up, cows left it in the grass.:lol:

Crickets are not bad if deep fried and smothered in honey and cinnimon.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

I like the idea of the live chat but then we'll be expected by soem to man the thing at all hours as though this were our job ......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34120[/ATTACH]

I like the idea of the live chat but then we'll be expected by soem to man the thing at all hours as though this were our job ......

Yeah, I've noticed a number of new members posting a question (usually ambiguous) and then 5 minutes later they post with a bunch of :( faces wondering where the answer is. I can't imagine what the expected wait time would be on live chat.

Ideally we would all continuously post totally random hypothetical preemptive responses, to as yet unmisforumulated ambiguous questions, in the imperative. :wink:

Ideally we would all continuously post totally random hypothetical preemptive responses, to as yet unmisforumulated ambiguous questions, in the imperative. :wink:
maybe :unsure:

as a point of principle I don't even read questions with URGENT!!!!! (or similar) until at least one day without response or 3 responses have been received.

I propose a new forum rule. Every answer has to be as purposely verbose, hyperbolic, and obfuscitory as possible.

Dadgad, google says you are the first and only person ever to type "unmisformulated" anywhere on the internet.:lol: