New Thread Suggestion: Quick Question, Quick Answer

Pintoleite

We should have a thread for quick questions followed by quick answers.

This would save people from creating whole thread for tiny things.

What do you think?

One for general questions about the forum, and another for general questions about autocad.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• dbroada

• Dana W

• Pintoleite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are we going to put a limit on the number of words? No more than 10 words for the question and no more than 3 words for an answer?

Soo, where do we get at?

I think its a great idea. I've got some small questions which i don't want to make them a separate thread.

I mean, reasonable small questions like 1 sentence.

If your question is going to be ten paragraphs could you break it up so it is more readable? I love short stories but not in a CAD forum.:lol: Thanks.

I have a heading for this new forum...

In 25 words or less

Yeah, that's all we need. Members giving less information about their problem in order to get under the 25 word limit. I can see those threads stretching out for miles as we slowly extract all the details of the problem in 25 word increments. :P

Yeah, that's all we need. Members giving less information about their problem in order to get under the 25 word limit. I can see those threads stretching out for miles as we slowly extract all the details of the problem in 25 word increments. :P

don't we do that already?

Personally I think it is a silly idea. far better to have 500 threads with 2 posts - WITH SENSIBLE TITLES - rather than 1 thread with 250 questions and no chance of finding the answer you need.

don't we do that already?

Personally I think it is a silly idea. far better to have 500 threads with 2 posts - WITH SENSIBLE TITLES - rather than 1 thread with 250 questions and no chance of finding the answer you need.

I agree (as is usually the case) with Dave. Unfortunately the sensible titles issue is a tough nut to crack, given that there are a great many OPs without the prerequisite jargon to pigeon hole their issues. We have enough threads (non-recreational) which stretch out to ungodly numbers of posts, as we try to draw out the information needed to help resolve an issue. At least with the regular posts there is a prayer of successfully searching for tags, without having to browse through a nearly endless loop.

What if we just consolidate all of the forums, and threads into one thread? Sorry, the devil made me say that. :beer:

What if we just consolidate all of the forums, and threads into one thread? Sorry, the devil made me say that. :beer:

this is why that clown behind you is so hungry ........

I think certain words like HELP, for instance, should not be allowed in a thread title. Didn't we just have a thread with that word all by itself for the title?

I think certain words like HELP, for instance, should not be allowed in a thread title. Didn't we just have a thread with that word all by itself for the title?

I think the titles should have a very brief explanation of the question, and followed by a tag that shows what kind of thread it is like:

ex:

[suggestion] Why not do this?

[Help] Do this in Autocad?

[solution] How to create this thing on Autocad

[FAQ] Blocks