AutoCAD Mechanical 2012

CADLee

When I go to put content in a drawing, it tells me that the content path cannot be found, or has be remnamed or moved. It just worked afew days ago and now it tells me this. Does anyone know anthing about this or has had the same problem.

It is a student lisence by the way. Just wanted to try and it makes it alot easier.

The path to that is missing, first thing to do is shut down AutoCAD Mech and restart. If that doesn't work then try starting with a new AutoCAD Mech profile.

I'm Sorry I put this in the wrong forum. My fault. Are you saying to uninstall it and then reinstall it again. Will that work with a Student License? Is that what you mean by shutting it down?

I'm Sorry I put this in the wrong forum. My fault. Are you saying to uninstall it and then reinstall it again. Will that work with a Student License? Is that what you mean by shutting it down?

No don't uninstall anything. I am saying to exit AutoCAD Mechanical and then open it back up again. Is the problem fixed? If no then exit ACAD Mech again.

Now you need to try a different profile for ACAD Mech.

To start AutoCAD Mech with a new profile (copy the shortcut on the desktop, right click on shortcut, go to Shortcut tab, in the Target line after the first statement in quotes you may have a /p profile_name, over write that if it is there with /p newprofile (pick any name that doesn't already exist in your profile folder), and if you don't have a /p profile_name then simply add the /p newprofile to that line. Pick ok, then double click on the icon, AutoCAD will start with the new clean profile, open a drawing and see if you have the same trouble. If not then you have a problem in your regular profile, usually a path statement that is not correct.

• 2 weeks later...

I seemed to have fixed the problem without doing what was mentioned above. I went to the program features, which in XP was AdD and Remove and I repaired the progrom and whgen I started if back up again, I had found that all the features worked as before. Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it. Just wanted to let yall know if it happens to someone esle that this might be a easier fiz for some.

Thanks Again.