What program was used for this development?

ProTmzn

It's pretty much impossible to tell exactly what program was used in the creation of that model, but most 3D applications can produce the same quality work. What, (if any), 3D software do you have right now? Or are you looking to purchase something?

I have access to AutoCAD 2012, and Civil 3D. Basically I was assigned to produce a "fake" proposed site plan on a vacant site. There were deliverables such as a restaurant and parking, etc, but throughout 4 years, there's not one AutoCAD class in the CE curriculum here. There is a presentation that goes along with it that I'd like to produce some simple 3D effect such as in that picture. I know google sketchup probably is the best bet. I already have my proposed 2D site plan, just having difficult to effectively present it in an eye-appealing way.

I'm willing to learn, because this kind of stuff truly interests me, but that's going to have to be after Civil graduation. I just find it mind boggling that no classes were taught, and I'm stuck trying to decipher a program I have never really used. The 2D schematic was fairly simple, but if anyone is willing to take a look at it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly, I would bet that it was made with Corel Draw or Illustrator. Inkscape is a freebie alternative and I use it quite often, and it's more than capable of producing a drawing like that; very easily I would bet with an experienced designer.

The image you've posted is fairly close to Google Sketchup, but not 100% positive coz im not sure if the picture is a screenshot of the working program or a jpg image edited out in photoshop.

For large scale developments, we generally use skethup for massing studies, especially for large sites, some use 3dmax but not all can manipulate the software.

Sketchup is easy to learn and when used effectively can produce great results.

the image below is a sample of hwo SKP can be used

002.jpg

Nocturne, are you good with google sketch up? I was trying to get started but couldn't figure out how to use my proposed grading rather than keeping a flat surface or importing the existing grade from google earth. Willing to compensate for time spent

Nocturne, are you good with google sketch up? I was trying to get started but couldn't figure out how to use my proposed grading rather than keeping a flat surface or importing the existing grade from google earth. Willing to compensate for time spent

:P not that good, just fair maybe. Honeslty sketchup is not really a software for working on rolling terrain. but I usually import generated TOPO from 3dmax or autocad to SU, though the SKP file gets a bit heavy with imports from other software, its still your best bet in draft/conceptual Presentations, like the one you've posted, its achievable using SU+photoshop or illustrator.

Photoshop is definitely a must, most images in powerpoint presentations are exported JPG images to be edited in photoshop