Restrict startup = 1 to "Choose a template"

ynotrobits

If I set startup to "1" then at startup, the user is offered four options:

Open a drawing

Start from scratch

Use a template

Use a wizard

Once a choice from the above four options is made, from then on, "startup" defaults to the last option that was chosen.

My question is whether or not there is a setting or registry entry where I can restrict the startup to always going to the "choose a template" screen regardless of the last choice made.

Thanks for looking

ScreenShot002.jpg

Thanks for the response.

The issue is not permanently setting the startup system variable to "1". The issue is:

if the startup variable is set to "1" , can the default screen be "use a template" regardless of what screen was chosen in the previous instance?

For example: If startup is set to "1" and in the last instance of AutoCad, the user selected the "start from scratch" screen, then the next time AutoCad is loaded, startup will display the "start from scratch" screen. (AutoCad apparantly defaults to the last choice)

What I would like to do is (assuming startup is set to "1") is force AutoCad to always display the "Choose a template" screen as opposed to displaying the screen that was used in the last instance.

Thanks again

Sounds like the registry (or local %AppData%) is storing the last used screen. If you can identify the file or registry key being used, then you can control during startup or drawing open.

Sounds like you want to use _NEW as your startup command, which will take you directly to your template dialog window.

Set you STARTUP system variable to '0', and delete any default QNEW template selection which may have been designated in your OPTIONS > FILES > none ..........

Set like in the image you will get what you are hoping for.

startup setting.JPG