how to insert xref with custom ucs

jrn

Does everyone know how to insert xrefs with other ucs than world.

The host drawing ucs must be in world.

The different x-refs are made with different ucs according to local coordinates.

In the host drawing, the xrefs must be placed correctly according to global coordinate (world).

(The xrefs are all surveys of different spaces all with marked fixpoints according to the physical global coordinates.)

please help...

Inserting them is the easy part. Getting them in the proper location might be as easy as inserting them at 0,0. If they are in correct relation to world (0,0), I would think that they would line up correctly when inserted at (0,0), no matter the UCS in the files.

If I understand your question correctly, your best bet may be the Align command. Insert the xref normally. Find two points in the base drawing and two in the new xref that correspond. Align will prompt you for a source point (in the xref) and a destination point (in the base), then for two more. You can give it a third set or go ahead with the operation. You can also choose to scale the xref, although that shouldn't be necessary in your case.

That works if the xrefed drawings have different rotations. If they all line up with the same North, it's even easier. Insert the xref. Use Move with a base point (a benchmark in the xref) and a destination point (the same benchmark in the base).

If I understand your question correctly, your best bet may be the Align command. Insert the xref normally. Find two points in the base drawing and two in the new xref that correspond. Align will prompt you for a source point (in the xref) and a destination point (in the base), then for two more. You can give it a third set or go ahead with the operation. QUOTE]

Thanks ! I'll try that.

I hope for a command like: insert xref with specific saved/named UCS...