Lisp in Startup Suite Causing Slow Save and Close - Cad2012

pardavis

I have a lisp that I added to the startup suite. Once I added it, saving and closing drawings, take forever. If I unload it from startup suite everything goes back to normal. What in a lisp could cause such slow saving and closing? It is a fairly big lisp.

You might have Reactors running that are evaluating large callback functions during Save / Close Events.

After opening your drawing, type at the command line:

(vl-load-com)

then

(vlr-reactors)

to see if any reactors are running in the session.

I have a lisp that I added to the startup suite. Once I added it, saving and closing drawings, take forever. If I unload it from startup suite everything goes back to normal. What in a lisp could cause such slow saving and closing? It is a fairly big lisp.

You could post it here, and we'll find out what happened ^^

You could post it here, and we'll find out what happened ^^
Probably the best bet. While reactors could cause issues, most probably it's searching for some file somewhere - if not found this could take long, especially if you have a network path on your support paths. Otherwise the lisp itself could be doing something strange like searching through the entire drawing at startup. There could be other stuff happening as well, but we can only tell for sure after looking at the lisp.