About web design

Donald

I’m interested in web design. I know about how to use Dreamweaver to make html. Since Dreamweaver is “What you see is what you can get”, I don’t need to write code. I’m wondering it is better for green hand to use Dreamweaver to design web? It is necessary to learn the code?

Well the current version of DW (Dreamweaver CS5.5) can also be used in code mode and I would MOST definitely learn to write code. Nothing stopping you from using a text editor like NotePad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) to write your web pages in. But DW can also be used in Split window mode so you can see the code and how it looks rendered on the page.

See below...

DW-CS55.jpg

Yes, learn the code. Learn html and css at least. You might even want to look at javascript too.

Good luck

Edited by f700es

Hi Donald, I agree with f700es in principle but it does depend what you want to achieve. If you just want to build a single website, it may be unnecessary to learn code, you could use a WYSIWYG tool but you'd be better off just installing WordPress or Joomla and you're good to go. If, on the other hand, you see a career in Web Design then you have no option - you MUST learn to code.

I received different newsletter every day and some of they have beautiful designs. I also want to learn to design. I heard that DW is a good tool to web design. But I think only know how to use DW but not know about code is not enough. If I enter a field, I want to be an expert in this field.

To learn HTML I suggest you to follow an on-line tutorial; this one is interactive, so can be a good option. This way you will become familiar with principles and tags.

Next build different things in a WYSIWYG editor and check the code behind as exercise.

• 2 months later...

It is very difficult to learn through treads i hired tutor to learn deeply. well i can learn you please send me your skype ID .

• 2 months later...