Annotation not in Xref

Epicurwin

Version is 2010, but we'll be working with 2011 and 2012 within a week or so.

I've made a quick training drawing for some new people to practice 3D piping. Very simple mech piping 2d plan that I want them to turn into 3D. I put leaders on the piping that state it's height and size. I had the first person work on it yesterday and the annotation showed up fine when we xrefed it into that persons training drawings. I then noticed that the routing preference didn't match very well to what they would be doing soon. I wasn't happy with any of the presets so I created a new drawing and created a new preference that better reselmbed our work. When I got the second person into that drawing, we xrefed the architecture, which was fine, then the design drawing, which was fine except for the fact that the annotation was missing. I tried changing the layer that the annotation is on inside the design drawing but that hasn't fixed anything. I don't really think it would anyway because the file worked yesterday with the older training file, so I'm guessing there is something wrong with this version. I have no idea what it is because the only thing I can remember changing about the file was the routing preference. Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Epicurwin

Just to cover the obvious--when you say "annotation," do you mean the text is annotative? Is it possible that the drawing you xrefed into has a scale that doesn't match the annotation scale?