3ds Max 2013

Raudel Solis

Installation in progress, "OH YESS" :glare:

Finally 3ds MAx 2013 IS here..

I waited less than 1 long year :lol:

so anxious to see and experience everything new :rofl:

:nono: first i need to :rtfm:

:|

i will run trial version until my serial & key are given. I will be sure to drop my Favorite new things & Issues if any. 8)

Last but not least....

:celebrate:

My first Impression 10:25.....

"What the hell did they do to my 3ds Max" (Solis)

^ parenthetical documentation^ to be continued..

Immediate details... The boot time has increased "3ds max startup time"

No preferences from previous MAx release are moved over. what a shame... time to configure Max to my preferences all over again.

After 30 minutes of exploring 3ds Max 2013 is a win, but im not sure if i would not really recommend upgrading since there are no "HUGE" new features other than the MASSFX mcloth ...

The new render pass system and the ability to output renderings in a layered PSD format that retains layer order, opacity, and blend modes is reason enough for me to upgrade. I can't wait to try this out. :D

• 10 months later...

I have just Installed Max 2013, I got it bundled in my Product Design Suite and decided to install it and have a look. I use to have a basic level of VIZ but that was 13 years ago LOL so looking at this now I have not got a clue on how to use it LOL. I am focused on getting my head around Alias but I think in a few months I will be ready to look at Max. Keep you posted :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Dear cad64

I've installed max 2013 and no problem. But after installing vray 2.03.01 for max3013, in my material slot , all vray material appears black, while it was OK in max2012 and vray2.0

what is the problem?

Dear cad64

I've installed max 2013 and no problem. But after installing vray 2.03.01 for max3013, in my material slot , all vray material appears black, while it was OK in max2012 and vray2.0

what is the problem?

Your file paths are probably missing, or wrong

go into a material and try to relocate the diffuse map if applicable

if the material bitmap points to the wrong place then find it again, and repeat for all the other missing bitmaps

A common mistake would be that the render isn't set to vray- I doubt that's the problem.

when the render engine is set to scanline all 3ds materials appear right but vray's material are black.

and then when i set the render engine and material editor to vray adv 2.30.01 ;all material turn into black!

I'm a junior and no idea hoe to relocate the diffuse map.

It's very kind of you if let me know.

I'm a junior and no idea hoe to relocate the diffuse map.

It's very kind of you if let me know.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Just locate the appropriate image for each material.

if after doing that the material doesn't return to normal then it's something else.

3.JPG

Dear cad64

what is the problem?

You say the materials are all black in the material slots, but what about in the viewport? Are they black there as well? And what about when you render? Is everything black or do you see the materials? If you see the materials displayed correctly in the viewport and/or when you render, it's not a problem with your file paths.

I don't use Vray, but I found this reply to a similar question on another forum. Maybe it will help:

In the material editor under options, there is a check box that says 'use real-world map size for geometry samples' This box needs to be unchecked.

I never noticed before but it's the same for me. Vray won't render some of the previews i.e. when you are scrolling through the available maps/materials, but they work (the vray compatible ones of course) and you get the preview if you drag it into slate material editor for example. Or if you add an image file to the bitmap node then it no longer has a black preview.

In a way it's a good thing - means your material editor doesn't have to render them which you may appreciate on a large scene.

Was that the problem?