Scale problem x-reffing between two files

benjaminzkrauss

Hi...having some trouble with a group of files I received from someone working for me and was wondering if someone can help me. I have a file that is x-reffed into another file. In both instances the drawing has the same measurements, but when I make a viewport in the receiving file the drawing (in the viewport) is 1000x smaller than it should be. It should be noted that I am working in metric units AutoCAD 2011. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. And if you know this to be a simple fix, please help me to understand. Thanks.

I am aware of INSUNITS and used it to set both drawings to 0. I am not sure if this is the proper procedure, but I assume that being equal is the most important thing...

Sorry about splitting the replys, but I am new to this...I had tried that previous to posting and there was no change.

INSUNITS 'Specifies a drawing-units value for automatic scaling of blocks, images, or xrefs inserted or attached to a drawing.'

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-4f8f.htm,topicNumber=d0e348840

So in this case, the INSUNITS in your problem drawing probably wants to be set to '6 - Meters' and the INSUNITS in your drawing probably wants to be set to '4 - Millimetres'. This will automatically scale your X-ref by 1000.

Does that help?!