Inventor 2013 scene too small for my render. Can it get bigger?

numberOCD

Hey everyone. I'm in a nightmare that the last 2.6 second I need to render keeps failing, freezing up. Its the only segment of the whole video that looks to XY plane, and I keep seeing a sharp see on the right of monitor appearing that the scene is cutoff. Is this a common problem? Any solutions? Please help, I need this video for a conference Thursday morning!

kuTBL.png

This is what comes out of the render. Not the reaction at the top right.

Any and ALL advice can be useful right now!

I have worked nonstop with different background scenes and now a very large, flat, solid body to make it a a controlled area of viewing and I now get some random black bar across the grey stone face of the building. I am running out of ideas entirely. DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SOLUTION?:reallymad:

Not one you'll like, and in fact I mentioned it at least once before.

You're going a lot further than Inventor really is intended in terms of rendering scenes. You really need to be using Max for this. This is what 3DSMax is intended to do.

Dunno, never tried to take cameras and lighting. The assemblies, yes, absolutely. The textures even should transfer over.

I can't help much with the actual nuts and bolts of using Max - it's not my preferred package for that type of modeling & animation ... I usually use Lightwave or Modo, but the workflow is a pain to get the models from Inventor over there. You'll get MUCH better results, and probably much quicker, using Max for this sort of thing.

The next project like this, I will definitely be testing 3DSMax.

Fortunately for a solution, I went old school and put a flush blue body around the platform and am going to remove the blue from the bmp frames after they render.