Unclickable text objects?

Ty520

I recently began working for a landscape architect who doesn't know very much about using AutoCAD, and hired someone to create his page templates, line standards, etc.

Recently, we have encountered a new problem with page templates in which there are a couple unclickable text blocks within the title block template - it is as if these items don't really exist.

Info I am aware of:

Each item within the template is on the same layer, but only a couple items behave this way.

The template is not comprised of dynamic blocks - just text

the template is in paper space. All layers are on and thawed. Can't check the properties of the text black because it cannot be manipulated in any way.

Is it possible that the text is a company letterhead, an image that's been xrefed into the drawing? If TFrames is off, that would explain why you can't select it.

How do you know it is not an image, without knowing what it is? An image doesn't necessarily mean a photograph or drawing, an image can be text based too. I am thinking that CyberAngel may be on the right track here. Try setting your FRAMESELECTION variable to '1' at the commandline. If that doesn't do it, then try setting your PREVIEWFILTER variable to '0' at the commandline.

selection preview.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

So, where is that drawing file? An "image" doesn't do us any good as far as troubleshooting the problem goes. A drawing file is what we need. If the file is too big then either zip it or cull out all unnecessary content and do a "saveas" to a new file name then attach that drawing instead.

so after getting back to work today, I began messing around with the file. Using "Control + A" did select the text blocks, verifying that they were being read as an entity by AutoCAD. At that point, it would allow me to click on a handle and manipulate it - after I've clicked on the block after selecting it via "control +A" I can continue to manipulate it like any text block without issue.

EDIT: After experimenting with the template, I have realized that the text block will become unselectable once again if I go to another layout tab and return to the layout where the issue is occuring - the text block occurs on all of the other layout tabs without issue.

If I receive permission from my employer to attach the template later, I will add an update

so after getting back to work today, I began messing around with the file. Using "Control + A" did select the text blocks, verifying that they were being read as an entity by AutoCAD. At that point, it would allow me to click on a handle and manipulate it - after I've clicked on the block after selecting it via "control +A" I can continue to manipulate it like any text block without issue.