• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fostertom

• Manila Wolf

• Dadgad

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ScaleXYZ - scales selected objects independently in the X-Y-Z axis (VLX Lisp for AutoCAD) is available at the CADforum under Downloads > CAD Freeware > CAD Utilities.

Hi ReMark,

Thanks as always for your readiness to help people here. :beer:

Just for reference.

I also have that VLX lisp in my library and it's very good. It's my usual first choice for scaling in independent X-Y and Z directions.

However, during running it makes a block and explodes everything afterwards. The ScaleXY lisp I offered has a built in "convert to polyline" feature, which appears to suit the application of the OP.

I do think that the ScaleXY lisp has limitations, but worked on the sample dwg.

Ha! Sorry ReMark, I only just realised there are two different posters on here asking similar questions.

Maybe something to do with the bottle of red wine I am polishing off at this very moment.

Your reply could of course suit one of the two very well.

And of course help others who may be searching a similar subject.

Cheers. :beer:

during running it makes a block and explodes everything afterward
Does that make a problem? Hopefully it doesn't explode everything down to basics, but just to the various states of each of the original group of objects?

That's OK Manila. I thought for a minute that you had inadvertently dropped the "Z" from the name of the lisp routine.

Can one assume that you are located in Manila? What section of the city? I hope it wasn't one that was devastated by the recent flooding.

Does that make a problem? Hopefully it doesn't explode everything down to basics, but just to the various states of each of the original group of objects?

Hi fostertom,

It depends on what you are looking for in the end result. If you are happy with it, then it's not a problem. In Hurkadli's case, if all polylines are exploded, he would need to take that extra step to recreate all the polylines that were exploded.

That's OK Manila. I thought for a minute that you had inadvertently dropped the "Z" from the name of the lisp routine.

Can one assume that you are located in Manila? What section of the city? I hope it wasn't one that was devastated by the recent flooding.

Hi again ReMark,

I am actually English, but I live and work in the Quezon city area, which is basically part of Metro Manila.

I still haven't mastered the Filipino Tagalog language because I am lazy and many people here speak very good English.

Regarding the recent flooding, I was lucky and not adversely affected.

A bit different to the real bad flooding a couple of years ago, when the water reached the second floor of my two storey house.

Thanks for asking. Hope I can visit the US one day and share a beer. Cheers.

I have a friend in Sampaloc, Manila who used to be a member of this forum so I am familiar with the floods that have occurred over the past two or three years. Glad to hear you came out of the most recent one in relatively good shape.

Just a word of caution when using the lisp approach.

Carefully check your end results.

There are pros and cons.

ScaleXY.lsp doesn't seem to handle circles. Even if the circle is converted to a polyline before running the lisp.

But it worked nicely on the tree drawing that was posted because all the polylines were maintained.

ScaleXYZ.vlx handles shapes much better and in effect is similar to the Wblock method suggested by Dadgad, just simplifies the whole operation.

The drawback, as in the Wblock method, is that when exploding, all polylines are exploded