detail view - text and border line thicknkess

hi people,

i have the following problem:

when i have a detail view on the layout, the text and the border line have the same line thickness.

i want that the text will be bold (0.5mm thick) and the border line will be thicker (0.13mm thick).

i have tried to change the layer's line thickness, but it effected both the text and the line border. how can i separate between them? does anybody can help?

thanks,

yohai

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yohai

• MSasu

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can attach individual properties (color, linetype, lineweight) to entities to overide layer's properties. May do so from Properties dialog or from properties pop-up lists (Properties toolbar).

hi,

i have tried to change it but it didn't help. the text and the border line of the detail view are like one block. any other suggestions?

hi, tried it too, but didn't help. because the detail view is not really a block, but it function like a block. so when i do DEBIT it doesn't recognize the detail view as a block.

Then call the GROUP command and see if that detail is defined as one. If yes, then use "Remove" button to edit the said border, change their properties and use "Add" button to add it back to the group.

it is not a "group" also. it is a detail view that i made from the model space to a layout. than i am trying to edit it. but with no success yet.

Are you sure that you are not viewing that through a viewport? You are able to select the said detail?

It may be better to attach the trouble-maker drawing, then someone will have a look to it (just strip-out any other content).

yes, when i do a detail view in the model space and i choose to put it in the layout it is a viewport (i choose "viewport of original in layout"). but i choose to have a border line on the viewport circle (on the settings of the detail view i choose this option).

is that helps?

It's "thickness"? Explode the object and put the text on a layer that plots with a different lineweight.

You would rather do it this way.....?

BoldText.PNGpencil.png

That is a proxy graphics object - you will have to edit it in the application were was created or install the required plugin.

Or create an AutoCAD native viewport (MV command with Object option) and ad the label as text entity; then will be able to play with their properties.

It's "thickness"? Explode the object and put the text on a layer that plots with a different lineweight.

You would rather do it this way.....?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34288[/ATTACH]pencil.png

if i do it that why, i e explode, the detail view in the model space cancelled and there is only a viewport left.

I'll second that; after exploded the proxy in both AutoCAD 2010 and Mechanical 2010, the results were the same: a Circle, an MText and a ViewPort; in both cases the viewport preserved the original view.

If on your workstation the view is shifted, then activate that viewport and fix it (note first the scale).

I'll second that; after exploded the proxy in both AutoCAD 2010 and Mechanical 2010, the results were the same: a Circle, an MText and a ViewPort; in both cases the viewport preserved the original view.

If on your workstation the view is shifted, then activate that viewport and fix it (note first the scale).

please see the attached drawings - before explode and after explode.

after explode the detail view in the model space vanished, and i cant see it in the view port on the layout (viewport of the part, not the detail view)before explode.dwg

after explode.dwg