CAD on mobile

Donald

Mobile apps seem to become a trend. Many companies bring their software to mobile. In that case, users can view and edit or make other actions to their drawings. Do they do this just to go with the trend? How do you think so? Are these apps on mobile really meet your requirement?

Is this a marketing survey? Are you a rep?

Yes, I want the ability to work on a very, very, small screen where I constantly have to pan or zoom to find that one bit of information I forgot to jot down while in the office or I was too lazy to bring my laptop along. The smaller the better please.

The smaller the better please.
a Ben Elton story (can't remember which one, Stark possibly) had a company that made its fortune by making gadget so small that once put down were so hard to find that people had to go and buy another one just to be able to say they owned one.

as to the OPs question. No I don't. The best thing about a mobile phone is that it can be turned off.

For what they do, the apps (both mobile and tablet-versions) are perfect. If you're looking for a replacement for full autocad, then no, it doesn't even get close.

But to make a rough sketch, take notes on existing sketches or check if what you have drawn matches with reality - they are awesome.

If its a trend? ofcourse it is. Will cad-apps still be used a few years on? I don't know.

I'll drink to that Dave. Mine turns itself off every evening about 7 and on about the same time in the morning. I am never happier than when I can leave home without my phone. :beer:

Is this a marketing survey? Are you a rep?

Yes, I want the ability to work on a very, very, small screen where I constantly have to pan or zoom to find that one bit of information I forgot to jot down while in the office or I was too lazy to bring my laptop along. The smaller the better please.

No, I see the apps on mobile been developed one by one as these companies are competing to do this. I don't think such kind of apps is very useful. Only viewing and limited editing is available, we can't design with these apps.

People nowadays seem to rely on their mobile phone too much. I just use my mobile phone for calling and sending short messages. For work, I prefer computer.