drawing in viewport not visible in plot preview

austudent

I'm creating a new project drawing and have x-ref'd my base drawing onto the sheet to be plotted. I can see the base drawing thru the viewport while in layout, but once I try and preview my plot the drawing inside the viewport is not visible. that is, I can see the preview of my sheet border & title block, but nothing within the viewport shows on the preview screen. What am I doing wrong?

Hi @austudent,

Welcome to the forum!

It may be that some layers are set to no plot. From modelspace launch the layer manager. Under the layer properties theres a column for no plot - check that the layers aren't set to no plot. If that doesn't work change to paperspace. From paperspace double-click the viewport (press tab to cycle between vieports) and launch the layer dialog and check for the same. It may also be that the xref is on layer defpoints - this layer doesn't plot

Regards

Jammie

Hi Jammie,

That was exactly the problem - I didn't know the viewport layer was set not to plot. Thank you!

Austudent