Blocks that rotate to different Viewports - possible?

Chramesly

Hi,

I am currently doing a series of drawings with multiple viewports across the same level. To fit them all on an A1 drawing, I have to orientate the viewports in different fashion. This means that the symbols (blocks) look different depending on the viewport rotation.

Is there any way to make it so blocks are displayed with a Rotation of X (say, in this case, '0') on each viewport?

Thank you in advance. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Chris

If you set your UCS in each of the numerous different viewports to VIEW, then you would be able to use your blocks in the different perspectives and yet have them display correctly.

Dadgad I think what he wants is the blocks would always say be horizontal irrespective of the ucs angle. Not sure that it can be done

Block0 = block90

You're probably right BIGAL. :beer:

In that case, I have just been dragged into the deep end of the pool, way over my head.

Is there some way to do it with VEWTWIST maybe?

I found it! I feel silly, but it's in the Block Definition, when you're making a block for the first time. Under the heading 'Behavior', check the box titled 'Annotative' and then the one under that, 'Match block orientation to layout'.

Thank you very much for the responses, they set me on the right path! I knew this was a function.

http://tinyurl.com/7p76acn