Copy Ribbon to other computer

SCaldeira

How can I migrate a ribbon created by me to other computer with the same autocad (2011)? I tried understand the CUI command, but I have no certainty about how save the cui file, and load the same file in the second computer.

Can somebody explain to me the necessary steps to do this?

:D Best regards.

Every time you edited the CUIx file it should have been saved. Therefore wouldn't it just be a matter of finding this customized file and saving a copy to a flash drive (or a network) then copying it to the appropriate folder on the second computer. Did you do any other customizations? Tool palettes, tool bars, or workspaces?

New icons? The bit maps for these icons will have to be copied over as well. I don't recall offhand what the file name is that stores these images. The subject may have been covered in the recent past however in another thread. You'll have to do a search.

For example: If I copy the directory with the lisp files and the bitmaps like I have in my computer, I just need to configure the file search path on the second computer. So if I copy the CUI file to that computer, it works? And what are the necessary steps to do this? :unsure:

I think you just covered the necessary steps. My only advice would be to first take any original files that you will be replacing and either rename them (example: acad.cuix.org) or put them in another folder in case you change your mind. Call it "insurance".

You do know the location of the files you want to copy, right?

Yes, I know. Let's see if I understood the steps. I make a copy of the acad.cuix file and next replace it on the second computer. That's it?

Or do I need to create a CUIx different with another name? And if so how the load on the second computer?

I think you are attempting to make this more complicated than it should be.

Why would you create CUIx different with another name? That does not make sense to me. What are you worried about? Are you afraid you'll mix up the custom CUIx and the default CUIx?

I think all one has to do is copy over the customized CUIx to the second computer keeping in mind what I said previously.

Which CUIx did you customize? You are aware that there is an acad.cuix and a custom.cuix file in the Support folder aren't you? Heck, AutoDesk even went as far as to place a backup copy of each in the same folder. The back up for the default file is named acad.bak.cuix. Pretty clever, huh?