Sheet Metal Corner Seams Error

Laurel

Hello

I've moved into a job which calls for a great deal of sheet metal work, and so am looking into the sheet metal option on inventor. One of the exercises I have done has returned an error that I am not sure about, so would appreciate any suggestions.

Please find attached a file representing a part I have modelled using sheet metal. It is simply an open topped box with hems on all four sides of the open face.

When I create the flat pattern, I receive an error ("Bend transition geometry replacement of type [intersection] failed.") which relates to each of hems and the corner seams I have created between them. If I suppress each of the corner seams before creating the flat pattern, the error does not happen.

Can anyone please explain what I have done wrong, and how I can resolve it.

Thanks!!

Box.zip

Thanks very much JD, thats a much neater solution, and not one that I (or my more experienced colleague!) were aware of!

Just going back to my original solution though, why did it produce the error I described?