Help... Convert 3d inventor assembly to 2d autocad dwg...

yew1986

Can we direct convert 3d inventor drawing to 2d autocad drawing but components in the drawing must be in the block condition? (For easy to modify)

Thank you.:D

I thought there already was a way to natively save a drawing from Inventor and open it in AutoCAD. I don't see that doing so in blocks would make it any easier to edit however.

I don't know if or how Inventor can save a drawing to a DWG file format and at the same time keep certain portions of it as blocks.

You are asking your question in the wrong forum and it is a bit confusing what you want.

First of all, in Inventor 3D is a model - part or assembly, *.ipt *.iam - not a drawing. 2D is drawing, *.idw or *.dwg (Inventor).

You could simply save the Inventor solids as AutoCAD solids *.dwg and then use in AutoCAD as usual to create your 2D views.

You could create and Inventor dwg 2d which does create the views as blocks. But I don't understand how that makes editing easier.

There are several classes here http://au.autodesk.com

Thank you for explaination.:)

So it is possible to create seperate block (by part) while converting 2D *.dwg (inventor) to *.dwg (autocad)?

Autocad is the main software we using. So the machine draw using inventor need to convert to *.dwg(autocad) for modify (if needed).

The machine is build by a lot of parts, so it's easy to modify if the parts is blocked seperately.

Thank you.

Here's a bit of info on using Inventor DWG's in AutoCAD:

http://cadclues.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/how-to-extract-2d-autocad-geometry-from.html

I should point out though, that if you edit the Blocks in AutoCAD, as soon as you open the DWG file in Inventor it will overwrite any changes.

If you explode the block in AutoCAD, then of course, any changes made to the Inventor file won't be reflected in the drawing...

Thank you. However, I want the assembly 3d models drawing (in three different view) *.dwg after convert to autocad *.dwg, all the parts will block separately (e.g frame, leg block separate). Is this possible?

Thank you in advance.