Converting dwg to full-size pdf in AutoCad 2000

Boatworks

Using the plot command, I am able to convert my AutoCad 2000 drawings to pdf format but I don't know how to save them in their actual size. In other words, I have a drawing that should print on a 24 x 36 sheet in actual size, but when I save it in a 1:1 plot scale, only an 8-1/2 x 11 section of the 24 x 36 drawing is displayed. I think I need the ability to designate a 24 x 36 paper size but I don't see a way to do that.

I thought I could do that in Plot Device - Properties but there's no paper size option larger than 8-1/2 x 11. I have the PDF Converter, Windows system driver by Autodesk.

What do I do?

Seem that you need to produce a "D" size sheet in PDF format. There are many free PDF virtual printers - Cute PDF is one of them. This seems to support ARCH D size sheet (35.75 x 25.75 inches).

I've created output for a "D" size drawing in AutoCAD via the PLOT dialog box on numerous occasions. I think you are overlooking something.

MSasu:

Thanks. I have seen Cutepdf referred to elsewhere but I didn't know if I could download it and use it with AC2000 or if it would solve my issue.

ReMark:

I realize I could be overlooking something but I haven't found it if I am. What driver are you using? Is it something you can talk me through easily?

Thanks.

I don't recall the driver. I'd have to switch over to my CAD computer as I do not have AutoCAD loaded on the laptop I am using at the moment.

PLOT > Printer/Plotter Name: > DWG to PDF.pc3

Paper Size > use scroll arrow > select: ARCH D (36.00 x 24.00 Inches)

Select any other pertinent plot parameters then 1) Click on the Preview button 2) if the Preview looks good click on the OK button. A PDF file, to the correct size, will be created.

Done.

ReMark:

That's my problem. The paper sizes in the drop down list are Letter, Legal, A4, A3, and some others, none of which exceeds 8-1/2 x 11. I don't have a plotter so there are no parameters configured for one that would include D3 and other large formats. It makes me think I'm not missing a capacity I actually have but that I am missing something I need to acquire. Is Cutepdf the answer?

I have seen Cutepdf referred to elsewhere but I didn't know if I could download it and use it with AC2000 or if it would solve my issue.

This tool, like other virtual printers, will be installed in system and therefore become available like a regular printer in all applications.

Maybe I have more options because I have drivers installed for three different printers, one of which, a HP 500+ Designjet, can print up to a "D" size sheet.

Find, download and install drivers for a similar plotter and see what happens.

Add a custom paper size to the DWG to PDF plotter:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34335[/ATTACH]

dedmin:

that's where I am stopped. The Add button is grayed out (as are the others in Custom Paper Sizes). I'm going to try downloading another driver.