Can I study AutoCAD at home?

4nt5

I work as a detail designer for a large engineering company and have used many CAD systems over the years. In the coming months my plans are to move on and most jobs are using AUtoCAD.

I have only used 2D autoCAD and have not used it in 6+ years and it was only for 6 months. Before this I was using it at college.

Prior to moving on in jobs I would like to get up to speed using AutoCAD, 2D, 3D and inventor. Due to work commitments and family life studying at home is best.

Has anyone studied at home and found a quality course that allowed them to understand and competently use it in a new working environment?

Any help for me to spend the next few months getting up to speed with AutoCAd will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Look into the CAD Institute, a self-paced program, offered through Murray State College. Prices for courses are on par with what one would pay at a community college. It is not a degree program. They do teach AutoCAD both 2D and 3D but I don't recall if Inventor is offered.

You'll see a number of posts here from people who have taken the Penn-Foster course. I'm not a big fan of their coursework as I believe it has failed to keep up with many aspects of AutoCAD such as the use of paper space layouts, annotative scaling, xrefs, sheet sets and parametric constraints. I'm pretty sure they do not even cover 3D at all.

• 2 weeks later...