stainless steel material

dreamer

One similiar question, would you use also solid to do say car body panels?

You generally don't - you use surface modeling tools, but you might Thicken to get solids if possible.

AutoCAD is not really an appropriate software to use to design car bodies - but if you look in my signature there is a tutorial to do a toy car using AutoCAD surfaces and solids tools.

If you are serious about car body design you will want to learn Alias Automotive.

Students can download Alias and other Autodesk products for free from http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity

car.png If you go through these tutorials you should have a good handle on solids/surface modeling in AutoCAD (prior to 2010 release - I have not used AutoCAD much since then and there have been a lot of surfacing tools added).

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dreamer

• ReMark

• Bartjacks

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i would use solids, but mainly because of my "inventor" background. ive never really taken the time to mess with faces cuz everything i wanted to do was easier to conceptualize with solids