Section Line issue

hoss

Hi,

I am having problem with section line in one file. Its working fine in other files, but in this particular files, when I select section line in home tab, specify two points and depth and press entre

The two markers are separate and when I select them, I don't get the Section dialog. I have received this file from another company, and can't get hold of the guy who has done it.

Also in another file from him, when I create section of ducts, I only get the horizontal ducts and none of the vertical ones.

Thanks

First isse solved, The layers that contained the section lines were off, so I only could see the section marks

Still having problem with ducts that are vertical not showing up in section ?!

Still having problem with ducts that are vertical not showing up in section ?!

Sometimes when fittings are directly over top/bottom of a vertical duct or pipe, when you pick and drag your selection window it misses the vertical duct or pipe. It's kind of a flaw of AutoCAD MEP in my opinion. So, best method that works for me, is to select a duct or pipe once, right-click, then use one of the "Connected Objects" commands so AutoCAD MEP knows you want to select the entire run/branches/etc. In doing this, be sure you're methodical in actually connecting all your ducts and pipes together. One miscue and you lose this very time saving tool.