Calculate Volume in Autocad 2012 ?

Miner

There are points in different levels i wanna make the surfer with this points and project the surfer on the down surfer(that makes with other points) after that make an enclosed Volume and finally Calculate the Volume between this 2 surfer.

How its possible to Calculate?

Civil3D will do what you describe. You can do it manually (painfully create a solid that is the difference between the two surfaces) and use MASSPROP to get the volume. Good luck!

Thanks so much Bill but i have problem to make surfer with points! There are many points in different levels that i should make surface with them, i need to creat tiangle between points(like Datamine studio that makes triangle between points)to make surfaces, is it possible in Civil 3D and How?:)

Edited by Miner

No its not a site plan its a Mine Block!

We do surveying and import points in AutoCad Before the Blasting, after the blasting and loading and hauling the Rock, again we do surveying in the same Place we have new points instead of last points, Now i wanna Calculate Volume of Rock that we moved!

is it possible?

(the way is to make a surface with first surveying points and make another surface with second surveying points, and project the upper surface on down surface, make the wireframe and Calculate encolsed Volume!) How can i do it?

I need to calculate plz

How accurate a solution do you need?

With AutoCAD you could create 2-4 splines and Loft the Slice with Surface from a solid.

If you need more accuracy (using a lot of points) you will need something like c3d.

There is a simple AutoCAD example in this tutorial http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2007/GD211-2P%20Mather.pdf pg 11 or

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/CAD238/AutoCAD%202007%20Tutorial%201.pdf pg 22 fig 40

Miner,

C3D will do what you have described. I have done exactly that (taken existing topo survey data points before construction then survey following construction and pay the contractor based on CY actually removed - or filled depending on the job). It is as simple as establishing two different surfaces with the survey points to define them (make sure the surfaces intersect). There is a volume calculation tool that performs the analysis and a table that shows the results of the difference between the surfaces. In the volume calculation tool you use your existing as 'base' and then calculate the difference between your new surface and the 'base'. The results will only be as accurate as the survey. So, the survey has to be good (and on the same datum).

Bill,

Thanks so much, if its possible give me the commands to 1. make surfaces (with alot of points beside each other in different Levels) 2. intersect those two surfaces (in different levels) 3. Calculate Volume between two surfaces

Its my E_mail: minerman2020@yahoo.com, Ill be happy to have your E_mail

Sincerely Yours, Sam