mep 2011 - Sweep command

Ravenstown

I am attempting to create an electrical busduct (busway) installation in my model. The busduct has vertical & horizontal sections in the same run, therefore there a horizontal & vertical bends (elbows) involved. I created the outline of the busduct and then created the centerline and attempted to sweep the outline along the run. Only the horizontal centerline was followed. Apparently the vertical sections of the centerline would not join with the horizontals to complete a single polyline to be used for the centerline of the sweep.. Any suggestions?

3DPOLY? with which you can create a single polyline for sweeping.

or create the path using lines and use the JOIN command?

if i were you i would just use the cable tray command for it, it is way easier and then just throw it on a seperate layer. thats what i usually do for bus duct

For Bus Duct I actually use the HVAC duct tools. But, to each his own. ;)

PS: If you're using AutoCAD MEP, then start utilizing what's there. What's good about AutoCAD MEP is you can incrementally use the added functionality. :)