count line crossings

SWfangirl

I have a drawing that has irrigation drainage lines on one layer and underground electrical lines on another. Is there a way to have acad count how many times the lines on the underground electrical layer cross the lines on the irrigation drainage layer? I can do it manually but there has to be a better way.

Autocad Map is able to find intersections ("overlay") between different topologies, but only if one is polygonal.

Since you have linear layers, you could _MAPEXPORT both to shapefiles, then perform an intersection routine in a opensource Gis like Quantum.

Just tried with a couple of layers, here's the resulting point shape (in blue):

intersect.gif

A quick and dirty way would be use the Mapcleanup tools (mapclean). Select the two layers to clean, then use break at intersection and use the INTERACTIVE option. It will list how many "errors" there are, then just canel out of the cleanup with out breaking anything.

A quick and dirty way would be use the Mapcleanup tools (mapclean). Select the two layers to clean, then use break at intersection and use the INTERACTIVE option. It will list how many "errors" there are, then just canel out of the cleanup with out breaking anything.

Thanks I tried that and to my suprise I could have cad mark it and not break it. The only draw back is that I had to remove the marks that were showing underground electrical lines crossing each other. This was is much faster than doing it myself. Thanks a Bunch

Thanks I tried that and to my suprise I could have cad mark it and not break it. The only draw back is that I had to remove the marks that were showing underground electrical lines crossing each other. This was is much faster than doing it myself. Thanks a Bunch

You can use quick selec t to select all the markers (they are blocks) then erase all at once, or turn off the line layers and window select them all and erase.

I love the select similar function. Now if the guys that created the shape file would draw the collection lines better the mapclean function would be perfect. LOL