Problems with Inventor Applications Options

CADcol

We have recently upgraded to Inventor 2012 and are now experiencing issues with Application Options failing to remember the settings we impose on the file paths, colour schemes, edit dimensions etc.

Basically once we've included the file paths etc and clicked apply & ok everything is fine until we close the program and relaunch it. Hey presto we have to reset each of the file paths again. I've spoken briefly with our CAD supplier and they've given me a work around by exporting the settings once applie so that each time we relaunch the program we can import the settings rather than having to define each setting again.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you overcome the problem? Would we need to apply the settings as an administrator?

p.s. due to corporate law we (the users) are not permitted to have administrator rights on our workstations.

One of my colleagues had this problem. I can't remember what the solution was off hand, but I do know that it started with making sure that windows and Inventor where both up to date with all service packs.

Perhaps you could try this first, and see if the problem goes away!