The ribbon - new panel display control

jules_s

after googling this for the last 30 mins i'm none the wiser

I've created a new Panel in the cui....put some commands in it. It has a name and a display name.

i cant for the life of me find out how to make it (or any of the 100's of other panels) display

Right clicking the 'toolbar' area just gives me the usual options!!??!!

Architecture 2013 (if that matters)

TIA

nice of Autodesk to remove the Autocad classic then! :x

I'm still looking lol...in my own time now :( google sems to throw very little using obvious key words :(

http://heidihewett.blogs.com/my_weblog/2008/03/autocad-2009--4.html

Makes it all sound soooo easy....drag and drop panels from the CUI presumably?

No workie here.

After 37 views I'm guessing this is so obvious nobody CBA to reply, or nobody knows :cry:

ideally (it must be possible) I want to punt most of the panels off and replace them with more relevant/custom panels

I have successfully created a custom Ribbon populated by my own panels with all the commands I normally use. I edited the portion of the CUI that is shown under the heading Partial Customization Files. What did you do?

Did you follow the steps outlined in your Customization Guide?

I have successfully created a custom Ribbon populated by my own panels with all the commands I normally use. I edited the portion of the CUI that is shown under the heading Partial Customization Files. What did you do?

Did you follow the steps outlined in your Customization Guide?

Hi Mark, if your name is mark lol apologies if not!

I added a panel in aca/workspaces/architecture/ribbons/panels

I can import part customised files, but no heading/directory is there under the root cui as far as I can see?

I'm still lost TBH...there are 200+ panels in the Architecture aca workspace...why can't I just turn them on/off at will?!?

Open the CUI, highlight the workspace you want to use (upper left), in the upper right click on Customize Workspace, move back to the left and expand the Ribbon >Tabs. Notice the check marks next to some and not others, pick in the box to place a check mark to include that in your Workspace, back up to the right pick Done, then OK in lower right.

Good luck.