Problem with newly created layers and color

moniker

So I create a new layer, change the color of the new layer, and then draw lines on the new layer. Well, the lines remain the same color as the old layer from which the new layer was created. In the Properties box the color is "By Layer". In the Layers Properties Manager the "Color" column clearly shows the new color selected but the new lines still come out as the color of the previous layer from which the new layer was created. One thing that I noticed is that the "Plot Style" column keeps the same color no matter what color the layer is changed to. For example, let's say I started a new drawing and a 0 layer colored white was the only layer in the beginning. So I make three new layers, each a diffrent color. The new colors will all show in the "Color" column but the "Plot Style" column for all layers will show Color_7 from the 0 layer from which they were created. It wasn't doing this before, so I've either toggled something or it has something to do with how I'm opening new drawings? For the life of me I can't figure this out. Sorry if I've rambled, I hope this makes sense.

VSBL and HIDN.

Thanks, SLW210. I think it's fixed now, though I'm not sure how. I switched to LAYERDLGMODE=1, worked fine except that the "Plot Style" color remained the same for all layers. Switched back to LAYERDLGMODE=0 and now the "Plot Style" color corresponds to the layer "Color". AutoCad never ceases to confuse me.