Change Dimension Text pos vert

Bill Tillman

A few months ago after much hair pulling and some advice here and there I came up with this nice snippet which changes the TextOverride for a dimension that is the (entlast).

(vlax-put-property (vlax-ename->vla-Object (handent (cdr (assoc 5 (entget (entlast))))))
   "TextOverride" "<>\\PFRAME OPENING")

Today I was asked if we could rotate the dimension 90° counterclockwise so I tried this:

(vlax-put-property (vlax-ename->vla-Object (handent (cdr (assoc 5 (entget (entlast))))))
   "Rotation" (dtr -90.0))

and bingo, it worked like Lee-Mac or Fixo had written it themselves for me. The request also came to adjust the Text vert pos to "Above" instead of "Centered". So I thought cool, I'll just try it like this:

"Textposvert" "Above")

but no such luck. I end up with:

Error: ActiveX Server returned the error: unknown name: Textposvert

I tried all kinds of variations for Textposvert, (Text Pos Vert, posvert, pervert....) anything to see what might work. But so far nothing is working. I was hoping this would be just as straight forward as the first solution.

This is for my totally automated process...no user input is allowed, only code for a solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You receive the error because a Dimension object does not have the property 'textposvert'. If you are planning on just guessing the names of properties that VLA-Objects possess, then prepare for a long time spent pulling your hair out...

Instead, consider using the vlax-dump-object function in conjunction with the ActiveX & VBA Reference as part of the Visual LISP IDE Help Docs.

After a quick check with the above function, I can see that the property you require is the TextGap property. However, note that this will be applied as a Dimension Style Override!

Lee,

I appreciate your interest. I've been distracted with some new assignments this week and some health issues. I plan to get back on this by Monday. The users are presently satisfied but that won't last long. Thanks again.