theonlynelly

Dear cadtutor forum,

I am new autolisp user (i use autocad civil 3D 2012), i try to coding there but it doesn't have the "Save All" option in the console. How to save the file i've made? Thank you in advance :)

Hi Nelly, I have never used the console, nor written any lisp, for that matter, but if you did it in NOTEPAD, saving it would be really easy. :)

Most of the regular lisp contributors come onto the forum a little later in the day, be patient, somebody will sort you out.

Have you checked the available tutorials on the forum, Afralisp, LEE-MAC, etc?

Edited by Dadgad

VisualLISP Console should be used to test small excerpt of code. You should always start a new file and type your code there if you intend to save it. It will be also much easier to edit it later.

If you still have that code typed in Console, then select it, copy into Clipboard, go to menu File --> New File and paste the code there. Now save the code wherever you want. However I suggest you to create a dedicated folder for that. If intend to develop DCL dialog boxes later you should add the said folder into Support File Search Path (in Options).

Unfortunately, this time I cannot agree with Dadgad. For sure, Notepad can be used to edit AutoLISP and DCL code, but using it over AutoCAD's built-in editor means you will lose the features provided for both code formatting and debug. I know that some coders use NotePad++ which have support for many programming languages, but I never tried this for AutoLISP, so cannot comment.

Not to worry Mircea, not the first time I've been wrong, by a long shot, nor the last.

Just wanted to give Nelly a place to save it, as she seemed to be at a loss, pending input from somebody better equipped to guide her in this neck of the woods.

Glad you showed up, I figured BIGAL must take saturdays off, as he wasn't online earlier, despite his Aussie time zone. :thumbsup:

VisualLISP Console should be used to test small excerpt of code. You should always start a new file and type your code there if you intend to save it. It will be also much easier to edit it later.

If you still have that code typed in Console, then select it, copy into Clipboard, go to menu File --> New File and paste the code there. Now save the code wherever you want. However I suggest you to create a dedicated folder for that. If intend to develop DCL dialog boxes later you should add the said folder into Support File Search Path (in Options).

Unfortunately, this time I cannot agree with Dadgad. For sure, Notepad can be used to edit AutoLISP and DCL code, but using it over AutoCAD's built-in editor means you will lose the features provided for both code formatting and debug. I know that some coders use NotePad++ which have support for many programming languages, but I never tried this for AutoLISP, so cannot comment.

I try your advice and it's work out! Thank you so much :) :D :cry:

Not to worry Mircea, not the first time I've been wrong, by a long shot, nor the last.

Just wanted to give Nelly a place to save it, as she seemed to be at a loss, pending input from somebody better equipped to guide her in this neck of the woods.

Glad you showed up, I figured BIGAL must take saturdays off, as he wasn't online earlier, despite his Aussie time zone. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your quick respond, finally i made it now :cry: :thumbsup: :)

@Dadgad: If she followed your advice and moved the code to Notepad and save it, then this was more than useful since didn’t lose her today’s work.

I have used also Notepad intensively (along Turbo Pascal’s and Norton Commander’s editor) in the past prior to advent of VLEditor inside AutoCAD.

Edited by MSasu
Shifted posts

You're welcome, Nelly!

How is your learning going?

Still in the basic part 2 :oops:, because i can only learn lisp when i have no homework and quiz :cry:

You are assisted by your teacher in this learning? Or at least, is he/she validate your progress in any way?

Frankly speaking, no :lol: my professor just told me to learn lisp then once i master it, he will guide my thesis research :shock: :cry: :geek:

OK. Then after finish the said Basic part (I suppose you are referring to AfraLISP tutorial) just let me know here and I will prepare a test for you to validate your freshly knowledge.

OK. Then after finish the said Basic part (I suppose you are referring to AfraLISP tutorial) just let me know here and I will prepare a test for you to validate your freshly knowledge.

Yes, i learn from AfraLISP tutorial as you suggest me :) Thank you :cry: :notworthy: okay, i will study hard to pass this test :)