Exporting multiple blocks in one dwg to having them as individual dwgs

Kelly-cruise

Hi

What sort of program would I need to run to extract multiple blocks from one dwg to individual dwgs?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Cheers

Michael

You can also use AutoCAD Design Center to transfer blocks from one drawing to another. Type ADC to start design center.

Design Center is good for transferring blocks to a single drawing (of course, you could always use Lee's 'Steal from Drawing' routine instead), but falls short of the stated request of placing each block in a separate drawing. :wink:

To accomplish the stated task, it would be simple enough to iterate a valid selection set, and WBLOCK each entity individually.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I tried your lisp routine to export blocks, and it worked great. I'm curious though if there's a way to make it export as .dxf files. I need to create multiple .dxf files for a manufacturing template, and right now the only way is to save each file individually, or download a converter.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...
Attached 2 lisp

one to export all blocks and another one to import a group of dwgs

thanks. However, I get the response: "invalid file extension"

how to solve?

• 2 years later...
On 1/4/2020 at 7:14 PM, GCmini said:

Seach google for AUTOWBLOCK ,,,, it does exactly what you want.  I use it all the time.

Thanks for the mention GCmini, AutoWblock is available at no charge on the Autodesk App Store (for recent AutoCAD) or the DotSoft Freeware Page (for older AutoCAD, BricsCAD and IntelliCAD).

Edited by TerryDotson