Need help with a shape!

Hello community!

I need help drawing a shape, sunglass shape, i already have it done but im not sure if it is done in the correct way, to many "points" maybe. I want it done correctly, or modifyed the one i have! Its a 2d shape, just front view of sunglass. If anyone is willing to help me fix it i appreciate, i also pay incase its neccessary! Please send me pm with email so we can discuss, or respond here, ty!

ReMark, im not sure what you mean sir, but i dont need a tutorial in here, i just need a person that knows how autocad works properly that can fix my issue. Hopefully someone wants to help, ty.

This subject has already been covered I believe. Try a search.
I think the recent subject was from the OP.

otsaki, post what you already have then people can comment.

I wasn't suggesting a tutorial. I meant that the question might have already been asked and answered in previous threads. Sometimes we try to avoid repeating ourselves.

Try using the BPOLY command on your sunglasses. If it fails to create a boundary and asks if you would like regions instead answer "yes".

And try really hard not to override layer colors. The glasses are red but the layer color assigned is white. Use the "Color ByLayer" default whenever possible.

On second thought don't do as I first suggested although it will work. Do this instead.

Run the FLATTEN command on your sunglasses and respond "yes" to the prompt "Remove hidden lines?"

When the command finishes then use the PEDIT command with the JOIN option to connect everything together. That will work too.

ReMark, i tried Flattern, then Pedit and then join and... Can't join to a closed polyline ? also.. still many points, i need it as simple as possible with 20-30-40 points not 93424 points because i'll make a punching out of it. so i need to put in my CNC Robot the informations how to cut it and if 3904 points = to complex.

You said you had too many points so I thought you wanted to get rid of them. Now you say you really want 20, 30 or 40 points.

For anyone else, in the future, who reads this thread and who doesn't need points the FLATTEN and PEDIT commands do work as I said. I know...I did it before posting just to make sure it could be done.

I'm not sure how you are generating numbers like 93424 and 3904 but AutoCAD tells me there are 60 objects in the drawing.

If anyone can fix it or tell me how to make it more simple, because now 2309423 dots and it just makes it not good. ty

I would use lines and tangent arcs.

(this is usually covered in a class - a tutorial might be of great help)

First thing I noticed is that what you have completed is not symmetrical left to right.

I think I would do one side (using lines and arcs) and then mirror.

If you can come to my class - I can help you, or I can come to you if you pay my travel expenses.

(as this looks like a school assignment - of course I could not simply fix it for you - I would have to teach you how to fix it yourself)

Hey, JD Mather. I took your advice remade it with lines and arcs and only half of it, then mirrored it. Looks great now, tho a little more glitch left. My problem now is when i want to plot it with my plotter im not sure it makes it smaller then it should... any ideas how i can represent it as a real size he should be?

P.S: How can i determinate the values of each line, the radius, lenght and so on, anyone any idea? i must determinate all the positions in order to be able to put them in the CNC program so i can cut the shape out.

Hey, JD Mather! I need to list the informations out, so i know what i have exactly. I must list them in the original version, because i noticed if i zoom in.. or zoom out rofl.. and print.. the size changes:| but anyways i need each point information and then list it. Any ideas?