Tool pallette images - why are some too small ?

vickilb

Morning Folks,

Got a slightly irritating little niggle with tool pallettes, that i was rather hoping that some clever soul on here might have the answer too.

I have just updated a whole load of block symbols as some numpty didnt put them on layer 0. When i have created a tool pallette of the sysmbols, 4 of approx 30 symbols have got such a tiny tool image, that its impossible to see them, but oddly the rest are fine.

I have checked the blocks are zoomed to extents, checked the drawing limits are the same ones that are okay, and checked that the size of the block is the same, effectively i can not see any diference between the blocks. Even when i increase the image size to max in the tool pallette view options the symbol is to small to identify. Oddly in windows explorer and in ACAD design centre there is no issue with the tool image size.

Whilst i could manually create a new image, and tell the tool pallete to use it, if this happens with all the blocks, it could be time consuming, when there could be a very simple answer i have over looked.

Cheers in advance for any suggestions of no doubt whatever simple thing i have missed

Vicki

(still stuck on ACAD 2008)

Edited by vickilb

Right-Click the image in the tool palette and choose "Update tool image". Right-Click in the tool palette area and select "View Options....." and adjust the size.

Hi,

Yep had already tried both of those, but neither inccrease the size of the image.

I think its something to do with when its being created in the design centre, as when i open up the actual image (.png) that has been automatically generated its tiny

Thanks for the suggestion though

yep tried that too.

I have even deleted all my tool pallettes and made sure any related .png files are deleted from my system, but each time i regenerate the tool palettes again, most of the thumb nail images are large, but the same few are tiny again

thanks again though

I use Design Center often for creating tool palettes and have not encountered this.

Can you post some images and some of the troublesome drawings? Sounds like something in the drawings, what happens when you zoom extents?

i wish i could post some drawings, but alas due to network restrictions here i cant get files on line

I had also tried opening up each block and zooming to extents as well before buggin anyone here with my frustrations, but this doesnt fix it either

its a real puzzle

Edited by vickilb