Mysterious Custom Hatch Error

ShadowVFX

I'm trying to create a simple 2x4 ceiling grid hatch for layout planning, but AutoCAD keeps giving me an error when I try to use it.

Here's the custom hatch that I wrote at the very end of the acad.pat file:

*CGRID, 2x4 grid

0, 0,0, 0,48

90, 0,0, 0,24

When I load up ACAD, it shows the hatch in the selection, but after I've defined the area and I try to apply the hatch, I get this error in the command line:

Missing parameter on line 385.

?

I have no idea why it's not finding my custom hatch acceptable. Thoughts or suggestions?

I'm still looking for some help. I followed the tutorial on that link, but he does a pretty poor job at simplifying his explanation.

Here's what I wrote:

*CGRID, 2x4 grid

0, 0,0, 0,48

90, 0,0, 0,24

And here's his description:

angle, x-origin, y-origin, x-offset, y-offset

I don't see my error. I specify angle, then X origin, then Y origin, then X offset, then Y offset. I do the same for the second line. Are you required to specify gap space, even if you don't want any?

Edit: I've been trying to solve this issue, and I've coppied one of the existing patterns in acad.pat (AR-B816) and pasted it at the very botton of the list. I ONLY renamed it like this:

*CGRID, 2x4 Grid

0, 0,0, 0,8

90, 0,0, 8,8, 8,-8

It's still giving me the "error on line 384" error. So, I don't know what's wrong with it, because those numbers are copy+paste from the original AutoCAD hatch (which works fine).

Have you tried it this way?

*GRID24x48, 24x48 Ceiling Grid

0, 0,0, 0,24

90, 0,0 0,48

Does your file name and pattern name match?

Hi,

If you place the pattern at the end of acad.pat you probably have missed to press Enter at the very end. That's it!

Hi,

If you place the pattern at the end of acad.pat you probably have missed to press Enter at the very end. That's it!

That was it, thank you.

What a simple yet stupid thing to require to "make it work".