MLeader incompatibility Issues

Hi, I have AutoCAD 2012 and my collegue has AutoCAD 2006.

When she opens me drawings up the MLeaders show as boxes with a small peice of text in it saying 'acdbmleader (acdb_mleader_class)'

I know that MLeaders where a 2008 addition, I have set proxyshow to 1, and this is what I get, is there anyway of allowing pre 2008 Cad versions to view Mleaders??

Thanks in advance

Funk

When you save your drawings are you saving them as 2010 files, or as an earlier file type compatible with your colleague?

She should download from Autodesk, for free, DWG Trueview 2012 . I believe that in that way she will be able to view your drawings as drawn.

On the AutoCAD 2006

Try PROXYGRAPHICS = 1

Best way is to not use Multileaders. I have to save down to 2004 and they just do not work well. I use Qleaders.

Trueview worked :) I have never used it though i assume its like opening a read only file that you cannot edit.

I messed around with proxy settings and still just boxes with that funny text in it.

I don't know what QLeaders are I will give it a crack thanks SLW

Cheers for advice.

You would only need to use it, if the drawings that you were trying to work with were from a later version and you were unable to work with them.

As you are on the later version of the software you are able to view and access everything that was created in an earlier version, so just use your Autocad.

Glad it worked out. :)