Clean layers in Autocad drawings

rkirklin

Do any one knows a command (other than purge) that will allow me to import an inventor drawing into Autocad and clean the layers / drawing? I think it is a macro that runs through your drawing and clean the layers for you.

What's the extension of Inventor drawings ?

And do you want to purge only layers that don't have any entity lays on or what ?

I take an (.idw) and save copy as dwg. Then I open that file in autocad and I would like the layers to be cleaned out and have my current layers (hidden layer, thread layers, etc.) to be used. I saw this command done before, but I was not able to do more research on which program or command that they used.

You're not referring to the Standards Checker are you?

You can use Layer Delete to get rid of stubborn layers that the Purge command fails to eliminate.

I think standards checker will work, but where can I find my .dws file??

You will need to create one, save a 'template drawing' as a .dws file.

Ok after using the standards checker, it is not this command. After doing research, I have to design a macro that is capable of doing (clean layers) by creating a command and developing a macro. So I am back to square one trying to design a macro that is able to clean my ISO DWG layers.

Clean it how?

If purge is not acceptable and layer delete isn't what else do you have in mind? Layer Merge?