MEP pipe Elevation with Two Finished Floor Elevations

Epicurwin

I have to put some BOP labels on my drawing, but there are two different finished floor heights in the drawing. They wanted us to keep the areas on the same drawing for coordination purposes, but now I need to know how to set up a label with different FF elevations (like one at 0' and another at 4'). Any suggestions?

P.S. D3 Advertisement on CADTutor, lol.

• 1 month later...
I have to put some BOP labels on my drawing, but there are two different finished floor heights in the drawing. They wanted us to keep the areas on the same drawing for coordination purposes, but now I need to know how to set up a label with different FF elevations (like one at 0' and another at 4'). Any suggestions?

P.S. D3 Advertisement on CADTutor, lol.

You can add a manual property definition to the pipe object property set. Call that property definition "Elevation Offset". Then go into the bottom of pipe calc formula definition and subtract the manual definition. Then you can just edit the elevation offset value for pipes that need it.

Alternatively a much more elegant solution would be to add the elevation offset to a space object and then in the pipe object property definition you could add a location based property definition that points to the space elevation offset. Now just draw a space around the area with the raised / lowered floor and set the elevation offset in the space. Now any pipes going thru the space will pick up the new offset and use it. Once set up in your template this is the easiest and fastest method for getting your pipe offsets correct. This way you don't have to set up alot of false levels or clickneach pipe to set the offset.