Edges on Polysurfaces

blackbanjo

Hello, I am wondering how to work with the edges in polysurfaces. Oftentimes I make a poly surface (say, a box) and I work with it and modify it until it fits for my purpose. After I have stretched it, moved its faces, trimmed it, merged with other boxes....after all this it has a ton of edges that are entirely unnecessary.

Is there a way to ask Rhino to rebuild the object and eliminate unnecessary edges?

I attached a small example of a simple object that has tons of leftover edges after I worked with it.

edges.jpg

Stay away from stretching - it generates a lot of edges! Modeling smart in Rhino is an advanced topic - everithing starts with a curve and how many points are here! Seems You are modeling like with solids - model with surfaces, joining, blending and trimming them.

No matter what I do, I will always need to modify some polysurface or surface. Anything I do to modify them causes edges. There should be a way to rebuild the surface/polysurface and remove unnecessary edges.

2012-05-04_212044.jpgYes, there is. But the way You ask shows that You are not quite deep into working with nurbs. How You don't know this tools in Rhino:? -

I can't claim to be an expert, but "Rebuild" does not work on polysurfaces as far as I know. I will experiment and let you know what I come up with.