Object Snap doesn't snap at Intersection

dreamer

Object Snap.jpg

I want to pick the point where the circle hits the edge of the box but there seems to be no Intersection there. But they are on the same plane!

Tried but no snap. Also strange that I tried entering the coordinates using Polyline: snap at the centre of the circle, @-500,0,0 ,nothing happen but this work with using Line.

The reason you cannot snap to it is because the lines are really a 3D Solid. It is not the same as snapping to a point on a line.

In 2011 or 2012 3D Object Snap was added to the program. :)

Sorry to barge into the middle of your clarification and cut to the chase, ReMark, saw your new posts after posting this. :beer:

As fate would have it, in this particular instance that would do it JD, but might not get so lucky the next time. :beer:

Let's not all rush into the shed looking for some dynamite ... exploding solid things is just so heavy handed. :playing:

If you really need to do it, to find that point on a random 3D Solid you could just trace the edge, providing an intersection snappable reference point.

Snap to quadrant will work but my point is to find out why intersection doesn't snap even if the circle is changed to a line on the box face. Now I know it's because the line is not a line as Dadgad explained.

Also strange that I tried to get the "intersection" point by entering the 
coordinates using Polyline: snap at the centre of the circle, @-500,0,0 ,nothing 
happen but this work with using Line

So why is Pline doesn't work in this case?

PLINE won't work because of the UCS in which you are trying to use it.

It will only work on the XY plane of your UCS.

Use a 3D polyline, then you will not have any problem, no matter what axis you want to create it on.

You might experiment with xedges (change current color first, probably should make a new active layer).

Thank you Dadgad. But I am working on the XY plane.

Anyway 3D polyline did the trick, I complete forgot about this tool. :facepalm:

Thanks.

Using 2012 I had no problem snapping to the corner of the box or the center of the circle. Worked every time.

You sir are a ProvoCADteur! :beer:

The center is of, not on the circle, but you know that and are just having a little fun.

I can relate there was a time in my life when I had an alarmingly low threshold to pleasure. :wink:

Edited by Dadgad